Experience the Frist Art Museum through many tour options for both groups and individuals.
- If you are interested in on-site self-guided tours for more than 8 people, please click here.
- If you are interested in online tours, please click here.
- On-site docent-guided tours have been temporarily suspended. Please check back for updates.
* numbers may change based on current public health and safety guidelines.
Please submit a request form to make reservations for either self-guided or virtual tours.
Scheduling Your Visit
Reservations are required at least three weeks in advance.
1. Review all group tour options.
2. Request a group tour by completing request forms provided in the links above.
Once your request is processed, you will receive confirmation of your scheduled visit with information about check-in procedures for tickets, directions for parking, and tour guidelines.
Please allow two weeks for confirmation of tour date and time.
Questions? Contact Veronica de la Cruz at email@example.com (email preferred) or 615.744.3247.
Ticket price includes admission to all current exhibitions excluding the Martin ArtQuest (MAQ) Gallery. See Guest Services upon arrival during check-in for MAQ availability.
- Adult Groups: $15.00 (per person) with advance group reservation. (We are not offering a discounted group rate for adult groups at this time.)
- College Groups: FREE admission with advance group reservation
- School Groups: FREE admission (Pre-K–12th grade) with advance reservation
Final participant count and payment for adult groups is required three weeks prior to the scheduled tour. The Frist Art Museum accepts checks made payable to Frist Art Museum and all major credit cards. One form of payment is required for each scheduled tour and no refunds are given.
The tours listed below have been temporarily suspended until further notice.
For our visitors who are deaf or hard of hearing
On the first Saturday of each month, certified American Sign Language interpreters will be available for both the 1:30 p.m. Docent Walk-up Tour and the 4:30 p.m. Architecture Tour. No advance reservation for either tour is required. ASL interpretation is generously supported by Bridges for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, a Middle Tennessee nonprofit serving the Deaf and hard of hearing community. Learn more about accessibility at the Frist.
“When was the Frist Art Museum built? Who was the architect? Can you tell me about the floors in the galleries?”
These are just some of the questions answered in the Frist Art Museum’s popular architecture tours.
Stroll around the Frist Art Museum and learn more about our landmark building from one of our always-engaging docents. Constructed between 1933 and 1934, during the throes of the Great Depression, the former post office is a prominent Nashville architectural treasure from the art deco period. Learn more about Architecture Tours.
Architecture Tours are offered every Saturday at 4:30 p.m. and are free to attend. An ASL interpreter will be available the first Saturday tour of every month.
Visitors may join an informal guided tour without a reservation Monday through Friday at 1:30 p.m. as available and on most weekends, as well as at 10:30 a.m. on Saturdays. Visitors must have purchased gallery admission prior to the tour. All tours will originate at the Information Desk just inside the entrance to our galleries. Our Guest Services staff can advise visitors as to the availability of tours each day or call 615.744.3247 for advanced schedule information.