The Martin ArtQuest® Gallery is the Frist Art Museum’s interactive artmaking gallery for all ages. ArtQuest presents changing exhibition-related activities three times a year.
What’s On in ArtQuest
Weaving Splendor: Treasures of Asian Textiles
Through January 16, 2023
Stop by to create a print on fabric, design a kimono bookmark, make a watercolor painting using bamboo brushes, try your hand at weaving or embroidery stitches, and more!
Art and Design
Patterns in Nature
Next Up in ArtQuest
Jeffrey Gibson: The Body Electric
January 17–April 10, 2023
Beatrix Potter: Drawn to Nature
April 13–September 18, 2023
Since 2001, this award-winning interactive space has been one of Nashville’s top destinations for creative exploration. ArtQuest offers a range of art-making activities—drawing, animation, printmaking, painting, and more—with the support of friendly staff and volunteers.
Know before you go:
- ArtQuest is open during museum hours except on Thursdays, when the museum stays open until 8:00 p.m. but ArtQuest closes at 5:30 p.m.
- A visit to ArtQuest is included with museum admission (visitors ages 18 and younger always receive free admission!)
- ArtQuest is designed for individuals and families. However, we welcome group visits to ArtQuest by advance reservation only; availability is limited. For more information, visit our group tours page.
- ArtQuest welcomes visitors of all ages and abilities. Staff members are available to assist with accommodations. For more information, visit our accessibility page.
- For tips on visiting the museum with your family, see our visitors with children page.
ArtQuest: Art is All Around You
Videos and Art Activities
Explore ArtQuest’s concepts wherever you are through ArtQuest: Art Is All Around You, short videos that highlight art ideas and fun family activities, produced in partnership with Nashville Public Television.
Use #FristArtQuest to share your ArtQuest artwork with us online!
Volunteer in ArtQuest!
The ArtQuest team is always looking for helpful hands and smiling faces!
The Frist Art Museum welcomes gifts of any amount to support the Martin ArtQuest Gallery. Thank you!
The Frist Art Museum is deeply grateful to our generous Martin ArtQuest Gallery Benefactors:
- Ellen H. Martin, Charles N. Martin, and the Martin Foundation
- The Cal Turner Family Foundation
- The William Stamps Farish Fund
Supported in part by