Homeschool families are invited to visit the Frist anytime!
We invite homeschool families to visit any day we are open. Reservations are not required. Group rates are available on Homeschool Mondays or with advance reservations for groups of 10 or more.
Homeschool Group Reservation Information
If you are bringing a group of 10 or more, we encourage you to make your advanced reservation in order to be eligible for our group discount. With your reservation, we can also arrange a guided or self-guided tour.
Group admission rates:
- Students ages 18 years and younger: Free admission
- Required number of chaperones: Free admission
(1 adult chaperone for every 10 youth ages 18 and younger)
- Additional Adults/Chaperones: $12 each
Maximum group size: 60 total participants, which includes 1 adult chaperone for every 10 youth ages 18 and younger.
One form of payment is required for each scheduled tour and no refunds are given. The Frist Art Museum accepts checks made payable to Frist Art Museum and all major credit cards. Submit the form to the scheduling coordinator at least three weeks before the earliest requested date. Please allow one week for confirmation. Once your request is processed, you will receive confirmation of your visit, including pre-visit information.
Exhibition group tour options through May 27, 2024
- Multiplicity: Blackness in Contemporary American Collage (September 15–December 31, 2023)
- Raqib Shaw: Ballads of East and West (September 15–December 31, 2023)
- Art and Imagination in Spanish America, 1500–1800: Highlights from LACMA’s Collection (October 20, 2023–January 28, 2024)
- Southern/Modern (January 26–April 28, 2024)
- Monuments and Myths: The America of Sculptors Augustus Saint-Gaudens and Daniel Chester French (March 1–May 27, 2024)
- Architecture Tour
Tours are offered during the following times:
Monday: 10:00 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
Thursday: 10:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
Friday, Saturday: 10:00 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00–5:30 p.m.
Once your request is processed, you will receive confirmation of your visit with information about check-in procedures for tickets, directions for parking, and tour guidelines.
Interested in an online virtual tour instead? Click here to learn more.
Homeschool Mondays fall on the last Monday of the month (except May, November, and December due to holidays) and are designed to maximize the experience of our homeschool-community members. These drop-in days (no registration needed) offer special opportunities including multiple touring options and chances to connect with our education staff to learn more about materials tied to selected exhibitions.
All adult visitors enjoy our group rate of $12 on these special days. Youth ages 18 and younger are free.
Please join us!
- Enjoy priority access to the Frist’s interactive art-making space, the Martin ArtQuest Gallery.
- In addition to visiting our exhibitions on your own, join one of our docent-guided tours at 11:00 a.m., noon, 2:00 p.m., or 3:00 p.m.
- Interact with our exhibitions in new and engaging ways with our Multisensory Cart from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Experience the Educator Hub and speak with staff to learn more about the Frist’s education resources, where to find them, and how to leverage them. Open from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Homeschool Monday activities
10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.: All-day access to the Martin ArtQuest Gallery
11:00 a.m.: Walk-up tour of one of our exhibitions
12:00 p.m.: Walk-up tour of one of our exhibitions
1:00–3:00 p.m.: Multi-sensory cart available
1:00–3:00 p.m.: Educator Resource Hub open, Studio B, Upper Level
2:00 p.m.: Walk-up tour of one of our exhibitions
3:00 p.m.: Walk-up tour of one of our exhibitions
Ahead of your trip to the museum, please access some of our educational resources, including art activities related to current exhibitions, family reading lists, and links to our audio tours.