Our current health, procedural, and cleaning protocols and restrictions are outlined below.
As a reminder, the museum is currently open four days a week—Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday—and closes at 5:30 p.m. each day. Martin ArtQuest (MAQ) is open the same days and hours the museum is open. MAQ is operating at reduced capacity with first-come, first-served access. There may be a modest wait depending on capacity. Thank you for your patience and flexibility.
If you are running a fever or not feeling well, please postpone your visit.
Health, procedural, and cleaning protocols
Ticketing and hours
- Guests may purchase tickets in advance online or on-site when they arrive at the museum (we are open Thursdays through Sundays).
- Limited tickets are available every half hour. We do our best to accommodate our guests’ preferred entry times, but timeslots may not always be available. We appreciate your patience.
- We are offering tours both on-site and online. Visit our Tours and Groups page to learn more.
- You can listen to exhibition audio tours on your personal device. Other resources, such as gallery and family looking guides, curatorial interpretation, and videos, are available at FristArtMuseum.org/resources.
Health and safety
- We strongly recommend that guests wear a mask while in the building.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed in restrooms and placed in locations throughout the building.
- Plexiglass partitions have been installed at the Guest Services and Membership desks.
- Air filtration has been enhanced.
- Cleaning and disinfecting have been significantly increased throughout the building, including on high-touch surfaces like door handles, bathroom fixtures, countertops, and parking lot pay stations.
- All staff members have been required to complete OSHA training on maintaining healthy workspaces.
- Coat and bag check services have been suspended until further notice. A self-serve coat check is available. Visitors are asked to leave bags at home or out of view in the trunks of their cars.
- Restroom doors are equipped with foot pulls.
Q. Are discounted admission rates for seniors, college students, military, and groups still available?
A: Yes, but these discounts are only available when tickets are purchased on-site.
Q. How many tickets are available each hour?
A. Limited tickets are available every half hour. While we do our best to accommodate our guests’ preferred timeslots, they may not always be available. We appreciate your patience.
Q. If I have a complimentary ticket voucher, will I be able to use it?
Q. Will parking be available when I come?
A. We have a limited number of spaces in our guest lot, so parking availability will depend on the number of visitors at any given time.
Q. Will wheelchairs be available?
Q. Can I purchase food and drinks at the museum?
A. The Frist Café is currently offering an assortment of beverages and tasty sweets provided by Grams, The CommuniTea Spot and The Southern V. Additional offerings coming soon. Please remember that food and drinks are prohibited in the galleries.
Q: Will the museum be available for private events?
A: Please contact special events director Karen Gwaltney (email@example.com) to discuss the booking of private events in the museum. Please check here for more information.