The Frist Art Museum does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed or disability in admission to, access to, or operations of its programs, service, or activities.
Guest Services Associate
(Full-time, Part-time, On-call Non-exempt)
Job Summary: This position participates as part of Guest Services team providing excellent customer service to all guests and members at the Frist Art Museum. This team member sells daily tickets and memberships, as well as serving the needs of Frist members, and answering phones as needed. Full-time, part-time, and on-call employees must be flexible to work weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays.
The following duties are normal for this classification. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Essential Job Functions: Working closely with other Frist staff members:
- Sell admission tickets and Frist memberships.
- Service the needs of valued Frist guests and members to ensure a high level of customer service and guest satisfaction.
- Familiar with computer software applications; Altru experience a plus.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Assist valued Frist volunteers with their shift needs in a supportive, positive, and constructive manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain a positive attitude and have constructive exchanges with guests and fellow staff members.
- Thrives in a collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- Embrace hard work and challenges.
- Flexible and open to change.
- Creative and adaptable in thought and action.
- Multi-task oriented.
- Possess the demeanor to remain calm in all situations.
- Stay informed of the Frist’s exhibitions and activities.
- Participate with Guest Services team to create a positive, energetic environment for all who visit the Frist Art Museum.
Education and/or Experience: High School graduate or GED preferred. Previous experience at a major attraction, hotel, sports arena, or performance venue ideal.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform certain essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential duties.
- Mathematical Skills: Must be able to accept payments and make change accurately.
- Hospitality: Frist employees welcome all visitors and treat everyone as a treasured guest. Guest Services team members displays a friendly demeanor and demonstrate excellent listening and customer-service skills.
Job Conditions: This position requires evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Demands may include:
- Lifting materials up to 25 pounds
- Stooping, bending, kneeling
- Standing for long periods of time
- Working at computer for long periods of time
Interested candidates should send resume, cover letter, references and salary expectations to:
Frist Art Museum
Attn: Sheri Horn, Human Resources Director
Nashville, TN 37203
Email: email@example.com or Fax: (615) 744-3339
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Frist Art Museum will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
The Frist Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
DSI Unarmed Security Guard—Gallery Attendant
Call 1.800.239.5720 or visit www.dsisecurity.com/careers to learn more about joining our team as a Gallery Attendant.
Transparency in Coverage
The Transparency in Coverage final rules require non-grandfathered group health plans and health insurance issuers offering non-grandfathered coverage in the group and individual markets to disclose on a public website information regarding:
- In-network negotiated rates for covered items and services
- Out-of-network allowed amounts and billed charges for covered items and services
As of July 1, 2022, these machine-readable files (MRFs) must be made “publicly available and accessible to any person free of charge and without conditions, such as establishment of a user account, password, or other credentials, or submission of personally identifiable information (PII) to access the file” and must be updated on a monthly basis. Visit the website where these MRFs will be housed.