The Frist Art Museum does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed or disability in admission to, access to, or operations of its programs, service, or activities.
This new entry-level position provides end-user support and training (both on-site and remote) for the information technology and audio and visual systems of the Frist Art Museum. The Helpdesk Associate is primarily responsible for assisting employees in all facets of end-user computing. This vital team member enables the Frist’s staff to maximize their efficiency and more effectively achieve the goals stated in our mission.
The following duties are normal for this classification. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
Under direction of the Manager of Digital Systems and in collaboration with IT and client staff, the Helpdesk Associate will:
- Receive, review, respond, and resolve support tickets and requests from on-site and remote workers, and will escalate when necessary.
- Support and maintain all end-user software and hardware used at the Frist Art Museum.
- Maintain documentation and hardware/software inventory.
- Configure and deploy workstations for end-users.
- Support meetings and other activities using Frist audio-visual equipment and systems.
- Look for opportunities to improve technologies and workflow.
- Attend technology related meetings as required and contribute as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- First-hand experience supporting Windows 10 and core Microsoft 365 applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be able to research and learn new applications, and then apply that knowledge quickly. Must be able to clearly document and clearly communicate technologies and policies to non-technical users.
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule and to work weekends and after hours when necessary.
- Tech stack includes Active Directory, Microsoft 365, Windows Server 2016, VMware, Veeam, Cisco Meraki, Cisco UCS, Cylance, FortiGate, and several SaaS platforms.
- End-user technologies include Windows 10, macOS 10 and 11, Android, iOS, Canon multifunction devices, Altru, FileMaker, Teams, Zoom, and Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Ideal candidate will have experience working in an IT and/or AV department with 50-100 end users, as well as customer service experience in a non-profit or arts environment.
Education: Bachelor or Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Demands may include:
- Lifting materials up to 25 pounds.
- Stooping, bending, kneeling.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Working at computer for long periods of time.
Interested candidates should send resume, cover letter, references and salary expectations to:
Frist Art Museum
Attn: Sheri Horn, Human Resources Director
Nashville, TN 37203
Email: email@example.com or Fax: (615) 744-3339
Walden Unarmed Security Guard—Gallery Attendant
Click here to learn more about joining our team as a Gallery Attendant.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Frist Art Museum will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
The Frist Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.