Guests may purchase tickets in advance online or on-site when they arrive at the museum.
We are currently open four days per week, Thursdays through Sundays.
- Thursday–Saturday: 10:00 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 1:00–5:30 p.m.
Tickets are limited to maintain capacity recommendations from the Association of Art Museum Directors.
The Frist Art Museum has implemented enhanced health, procedural, and cleaning protocols to help reduce the potential spread of COVID-19. Learn more here. These efforts are designed to create a safer environment. By visiting the Frist Art Museum, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
We strongly recommend that our guests wear masks while in the building.
Frist Art Museum members: Free
Guests 18 and younger: Free
Seniors (65+): $10 (discount only available when purchasing tickets in person)
Military (w/ID): $8 (discount only available when purchasing tickets in person)
College students (w/ID): $10 (discount only available when purchasing tickets in person)
Groups of 10 or more: $12 with advance reservations
Please note that there are no refunds on general admission tickets.
Interested in bringing a group or participating in a virtual tour? Find out how to make group reservations.
Plan your visit
See what’s going on at the Frist during the dates you are planning to visit.
Inclement weather notice
If the museum must close due to inclement weather, ticket holders may use their tickets within three weeks of the date for which the ticket(s) were issued. Currently, the Frist is open four days a week, Thursday–Sunday. No rescheduling is necessary. When arriving at the museum, please check in at Guest Services. If a timeslot is completely full, there will likely be a wait, especially on weekends.
Rules at the Frist Art Museum and other museums are designed to make visiting an enjoyable experience, to protect guests, and protect the art. We ask for your help. Here are things you should know:
- Please keep a distance of at least 18 inches from the art. There is no touching of any art at any time.
- Follow any stanchions or gallery guidelines for distancing from artworks.
- Photography is often now allowed in the galleries. Please consult the signs in each gallery. Sometimes, there are constraints our lenders place on us; in those instances, we ask your cooperation.
- Silence your phone. Exit galleries to take calls. Use headphones or earbuds when listening to an audio tour.
- Food, drink, gum, and tobacco products are not allowed in the galleries.
- Self-serve coat check is available for outerwear and umbrellas. We cannot accommodate large bags or backpacks at this time, and they are not allowed in the galleries.
- Do not carry children on shoulders.
- Strollers are allowed in the galleries, but they must be pushed by adults at all times.
- We ask that children younger than 13 be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Use only #2 pencils to sketch or take notes. No pens are allowed in the galleries.
Accredited by the American Alliance of Museums, the Frist Art Museum is a nonprofit art exhibition center with approximately 24,000 square feet of gallery space. It is dedicated to presenting the finest visual art from local, state, and regional artists, as well as major U.S. and international exhibitions.