- Monday: 10:00 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: 10:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Friday: 10:00 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 1:00–5:30 p.m.
- Frist Art Museum members: Free
- Guests 18 and younger: Free
- Adults: $15
- Seniors (65+): $10 (discount only available when purchasing tickets in person)
- Military (w/ID): $8 (discount only available when purchasing tickets in person)
- College students (w/ID): $10 (discount only available when purchasing tickets in person)
College students (w/ID) receive free admission on Thursdays from 5:00–8:00 p.m.
- EBT/SNAP/WIC Card: $3 per adult with photo ID for up to 4 adults
- Groups of 10 or more: $12 with advance reservations
Please note that there are no refunds on general admission tickets.
Guests may purchase tickets on-site when they arrive at the museum. For your convenience, you may also purchase advance tickets online.
Learn more about Frist Art Museum annual memberships.
Free youth admission is supported in part by
We are proud to participate in Museums for All. We offer $3 per person admission with a photo ID and a EBT/SNAP/WIC card (limit up to four adults per EBT card).
Learn more about Museums for All.
Interested in bringing a group or participating in a virtual tour? Find out how to make group reservations.
Plan your visit
See what’s going on at the Frist during the dates you are planning to visit.
Inclement weather notice
If the museum must close due to inclement weather, ticket holders may use their tickets within three weeks of the date for which the ticket(s) were issued. Currently, the Frist is open five days a week, Thursday–Monday. No rescheduling is necessary. When arriving at the museum, please check in at Guest Services. If a timeslot is completely full, there will likely be a wait, especially on weekends.
Rules at the Frist Art Museum and other museums are designed to make visiting an enjoyable experience, to protect guests, and protect the art. We ask for your help. Here are things you should know:
- Please keep a distance of at least 18 inches from the art. There is no touching of any art at any time.
- Follow any stanchions or gallery guidelines for distancing from artworks.
- Photography is often now allowed in the galleries. Please consult the signs in each gallery. Sometimes, there are constraints our lenders place on us; in those instances, we ask your cooperation.
- Silence your phone. Exit galleries to take calls. Use headphones or earbuds when listening to an audio tour.
- Food, drink, gum, and tobacco products are not allowed in the galleries.
- Self-serve coat check is available for outerwear and umbrellas. We cannot accommodate large bags or backpacks at this time, and they are not allowed in the galleries.
- Do not carry children on shoulders.
- Strollers are allowed in the galleries, but they must be pushed by adults at all times.
- We ask that children younger than 13 be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Use only #2 pencils to sketch or take notes. No pens are allowed in the galleries.
Accredited by the American Alliance of Museums, the Frist Art Museum is a nonprofit art exhibition center with approximately 24,000 square feet of gallery space. It is dedicated to presenting the finest visual art from local, state, and regional artists, as well as major U.S. and international exhibitions.