Since 2000, the Frist Art Museum has partnered with local organizations to provide art educational programs to Nashville-area communities, offering the Art Trunks Program to groups of all ages throughout Davidson County and featuring collaborations with trusted community institutions to serve pre-school and after-school youth, English as a second language and adult basic education learners, families, and senior citizen groups.
Outreach partnerships enable our community partners to become ambassadors of the Frist Art Museum. Ambassadors are entrusted with facilitating other unique programs that give community members the ability to see their world in inspiring ways through art. Partners can apply for a transportation subsidy to make it possible for them to visit the Frist Art Museum and experience its historical building, its exhibitions, and the many programs offered.
Community Partner Tours
Community Partner groups can make reservations for self-guided, docent-guided, or online virtual tours.
Frist Community Partners 2022–2023
Chinese Arts Alliance of Nashville
Down Syndrome Association of Middle Tennessee
FiftyForward Madison Station
Harvest Hands CDC
Healing Arts Project Inc – HAPI
Hispanic Family Foundation
Metro Parks Coleman Regional Center
Metro Parks Visual Arts
Nashville International Center for Empowerment
Room In The Inn
St. Luke’s Community House
The Salvation Army Nashville
Vanderbilt Kennedy Center
Aspiring Youth Enrichment Services
Bethlehem Centers of Nashville
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Nashville
Chinese Arts Alliance of Nashville
Eighteenth Avenue Family Enrichment Center
Fifty Forward College Grove
FiftyForward Bordeaux Center
FiftyForward Donelson Station
FiftyForward J.L. Turner Center
FiftyForward Martin Center
Global Outreach Developments International
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
Martha O’Bryan Center
Metro Parks disABILITIES Programs
Metro Parks Hermitage Community Center
Metro Parks Madison Regional Center
Metro Parks McCabe Regional Center
Metro Parks Old Hickory Community Center
Metro Parks Parkwood Community Center
Metro Parks Sevier Community Center
Metro Parks Southeast Community Center
Metro Parks West Park Community Center
Nashville Public Library Bordeaux Branch
Nashville Public Library Donelson Branch
Nashville Public Library East Branch
Nashville Public Library Edmondson Pk Branch
Nashville Public Library Goodlettsville Branch
Nashville Public Library Green Hills
Nashville Public Library Hadley Park Branch
Nashville Public Library Hermitage Branch
Nashville Public Library Inglewood Branch
Nashville Public Library Main Teens
Nashville Public Library Old Hickory Branch
Nashville Public Library Pruitt Branch
Nashville Public Library Thompson Lane Branch
Nashville Public Library Watkins Park Branch
Preston Taylor Ministries
Safe Haven Family Shelter
Thistle Farms Residential
Watkins Park Community Center
Y-CAP – YMCA of Middle TN
Youth Encouragement Services
Criteria to become a Community Partner:
- The partner organization should have a strong foundation of programs, staff, and financial support. Community partners should have longevity and stability, and be firmly rooted in Davidson County.
- Frist Art Museum partner organizations collectively represent the geographical, ethnic, cultural, and age diversity of Davidson County. In an effort to reach diverse communities, it is our priority to partner with organizations located within or serving all parts of Davidson County. The Frist Art Museum also seeks to develop partnerships that reflect the ethnic, cultural, and age diversity of Nashville and Davidson County.
- Whether or not the partner organization has art programming in place, the Frist Art Museum’s activities should be a natural fit for the organization’s mission and goal.
- Visiting the Frist Art Museum is essential to forming successful community partnerships.
- Complete the Community Partner Application.
Interested in becoming a Community Partner? Complete the application above or contact Shaun Giles, community engagement director, at 615.744.3254 or sgiles@FristArtMuseum.org.